Tribunal Judgments that could potentially result in compensatory sums of more than £80,000 being awarded, irrespective of the size of the business. In addition, the valuable time away from the business and legal fees can have a serious effect on any business.
As well as financial implications, it can also damage employee relations and the reputation of your business. Therefore, obtaining sound advice at an early stage can make a real difference to your business.
TAKE THE PROACTIVE APPROACH
Your employees are one of the most important assets to the success of your business, but when you are dealing with people and personalities things can sometimes go wrong.
Our approach is to provide you with practical solutions to everyday issues, with a view to avoiding litigation. We provide companies such as yours with proactive advice on all aspects of the employment relationship, including:
- The recruitment of employees
- Navigating the day to day management issues
- Strategic advice on restructuring
- Redundancies and restructuring
- Sales and mergers
- Negotiating executive exit packages.
MANAGING EXISTING PROBLEMATIC SITUATIONS
We can help you to manage existing problematic situations with staff and avoid the legal pitfalls which could result in a claim being brought against the company.
The earlier advice is taken the easier it may be to reach a more cost-effective resolution. To minimise the possibility of a claim, there are frequent issues that arise when it would be advisable to take advice as early as possible:
- Wanting to dismiss staff without creating a claim for unfair dismissal
- Managing issues of misconduct
- Management of deficiencies in performance
- Managing sickness absence
HOW WE CAN HELP
In the event of a claim, we will provide you with:
- Clear, no-nonsense advice on the strength of your case
- A full explanation of your options, risks and prospects of success in Court
- Guidance through the tribunal and/or court process so you know when you need to make decisions and what will happen next
- Advice in plain English without the use of legal jargon
DO YOU NEED MORE ADVICE ON DISMISSALS?
Then speak to us today for a no obligation talk about your needs