Your people are your most valuable asset, but managing them can be time-consuming, complicated and distracting and difficult to keep abreast of the ever-changing legal landscape.
Workplace regulation has never been greater and getting it wrong can be costly, not just with team morale, but also in time and money.
- We know that employment issues are frequently time-critical and sensitive and pride ourselves on being responsive, readily available and practical in our advice.
- We provide proactive, pragmatic and cost-effective general day-to-day advice on all employment issues, as well as drafting and negotiating agreements and policies.
- We are experienced in acting in all types of employment litigation, specifically in the Employment Tribunal and the Employment Appeal Tribunal, as well as having taken a case to the Court of Appeal, which set a precedent in legal history.
- We also have experience in County Court employment claims and Workplace Mediation.
Workplace mediation can be a cost-effective, faster way of resolving matters, and helps to provide a solution that’s effective, reduces business disruption and reduces the time taken by staff to deal with their issues.
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
Our employment law practice was established at the turn of the century and it is believed the only specialist Employment Law practice in the South of England at that time.
Since then we have represented in all areas of employment law in the Employment Tribunal and managed a vast range of employers advising and representing in all areas.
Situations that cause difficulty to a business and justify legal involvement to ensure the right outcome typically include:
- Preparing effective contractual documentation, including service agreements, contracts, handbooks, policies and procedures that support your business’ culture and its aims
- Addressing and resolving grievances and disciplinary issues
- Handling discrimination issues both sensitively and effectively
- Preparing for and handling sensitive/complex terminations
- Resolving executive disputes
- Handling litigation (both Tribunal and Civil Court claims) to maximise results and minimise disruption to the business
- Business restructuring and change management
- Protecting the business from current and former employees including drafting and enforcing restrictive covenants
- Business transfers including outsourcing and taking services back in-house
- Breach of contract claims
- Bonus and commission payments
- Business sales and transfers
- Bullying and harassment in the workplace
- Settlement agreements
- Collective consultation
- Consultancy (independent contractor) agreements
- Contracts of employment
- Confidential information
- Consultancy agreements
- County Court and High Court litigation
- Data protection with the new GDPR
- Discrimination: Disability; Race; Age and Sex
- Disciplinary action
- Dismissal procedures
- Employment law training
- Employment tribunal claims
- Equal pay
- Flexible working requests
- HR advice and support services
- Handbooks, policies and procedures
- Maternity, paternity and adoption rights
- Performance management
- Post-termination restrictions
- Protection of intellectual property and confidential information
- Recruitment advice
- Redundancy and reorganisation
- Secondment agreements
- Service agreements for directors
- Settlement agreements
- Working time regulations
Transparency has always played a role in our organisation. We understand that our clients need to know what they are getting for their money, so we aim to be as transparent, clear and honest as possible throughout our time together.
- Our hourly rates are clear. Where suitable, we can work for you under a results-based conditional fee agreement or agree a fixed fee for the work that we will undertake.
- In addition, we have carefully developed a comprehensive, fixed-fee, one-stop employment law solution called ‘Employment Law Advice First’, which includes a law advice helpline, availability of standard employer/employee correspondence, and an audit of your employment and employee documentation for an agreed, fixed annual fee. Please see our retainer scheme at the bottom of the page for more details. To read more about our fees please visit this page.
- We can provide custom made seminars to help you keep you and your managers on top of employment law issues and how to manage situations with employees.
Our clients have ranged from medium-sized companies employing several hundred people to small owner-managed businesses employing fewer than five. We work for clients across a wide range of industry sectors and through providing a personal service we particularly enjoy building a good and lasting relationship with the client.
We act for both employers and employees, which enables us to provide balanced advice and keep our skills as sharp as possible.
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE US
We provide training and advice for staff and managers regarding managing situations in the workplace including conduct; disability; ill health; sickness absence and performance which ultimately minimises the need to take legal advice.
- Attentive customer care – we listen intently to our clients to understand the situation and to establish the outcome the client would like to achieve before advice is given; as any businessperson, establishing the facts is paramount.
- Specialist knowledge – Amanda Capon, Director and Principal Solicitor is an experienced lawyer and advocate and has been advising and representing clients in Employment Tribunals for 22 years having also been called to the Bar but practises as a solicitor.
- Continuation of representation from the outset to the completion of an Employment Tribunal.
- Knowledge across a range of issues – from unfair dismissal to discrimination, from contractual advice to tribunal representation.
- The offer of mediation at the outset to resolve matters more swiftly and as a more cost-effective solution.
Working with business owners, managers and HR professionals primarily in the South but can operate nationwide, we offer employers a straightforward and business focussed approach to the legal side of managing employees, ensuring that employers meet their employment law obligations in a way that supports their business objectives, protects their reputation and minimises disruption to their operations.
DO YOU WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
Then we are happy to offer a free, no obligation quotation.